Take Lesson 1 for Free
In this lesson, you’ll learn about the performance measure and KPI struggles and bad habits that led to the creation of PuMP. You’ll also see how you can use an exercise called the PuMP Mind Map to help others see the relevance of a better approach to performance measurement (which, of course, is PuMP).
PREPARATION: Do *prior to* taking this lesson
Download the following files to have at hand while you take this lesson (click to open in this window, right-click and choose “Save as” to save a copy to your PC):
LESSON: Watch the video or listen to the audio
VIDEO version (to view online)
Use the player controls below to watch the VIDEO of this lesson (the video version is not available for download).
Estimated time: 37 minutes
AUDIO-only version (e.g. for your iPod)
Download and save this lesson, to follow along with your Lesson Workbook. Simply right-click on the following link and select to ‘save’ to download the audio recording.
APPLY: Apply what you’ve learned to recruit your Measures Team
Who is interested in making performance measurement easier, faster, more meaningful and more engaging? Invite them to discuss their current struggles, the bad KPI habits, and PuMP as a solution.
Estimated time: 60 minutes
- Invite your leadership team and colleagues to join you for a PuMP Mind Map discussion.
- The PuMP Mind Map Discussion to use with your leaders and colleagues. You can do it on a whiteboard.
RESOURCES: Extra things to help
Download the following extra resources to support your implementation (click to open in this window, right-click and choose “Save as” to save a copy to your PC):
- Introduction Summary Transcript (pdf file)
- When I introduce people to PuMP for the first time, I don’t teach them the eight steps of PuMP. I don’t even talk about PuMP. I do this: The 5 Steps to Engage People in KPIs
- A handy one-page poster of the PuMP Performance Measure Blueprint Process flowchart.
- A great book for helping people understand the true purpose and power of performance measurement: “Transforming Performance Measurement” by Dean Spitzer.
Here’s how to register for our PuMP® Performance Measure Blueprint Online Program:
Full fee: $1800AUD* per person
For 2 to 5 people: $1600AUD* per person (from same organisation and in the same booking)
For 6 or more people: $1400AUD* per person (from same organisation and in the same booking)
* All amounts are in AUD (Aussies, add 10% GST to these amounts).
You can register online now for immediate access, or you can register offline via our offline faxback form for access within 2 business days: